One of the many questions we get asked by friends and family is “Where will you park?” Our reply is that we will be boondocking our way around and the very next question they would ask is “Is it safe?”
We have spent the last few months searching for our travel rig and somehow we stumbled upon an article announcing a list of 14 Caravan parks about to open in Johor Bahru.
Caravan Parks in Johor Bahru.
- Beach at Tanjung Penyabong, Mersing (丰盛港的丹绒彭嘉梦海边)
- Beach at Air Papan, Mersing (丰盛港的亚逸巴班海边)
- Beach at Tanjung Leman, Mersing (丰盛港的丹绒乐曼海边)
- Desaru Eco Park, Kota Tinggi (Bio Desaru) (哥打丁宜的迪沙鲁生态园“有机农粮谷”)
- Beach at Punggai, Kota Tinggi (哥打丁宜的彭艾海边)
- Tanjung Piai National Park, Pontian (笨珍的丹绒比艾国家公园)
- Gunung Pulai Recreational Forest, Kulai (古来的埔来山休闲森林)
- Gunung Soga Recreational Forest, Batu Pahat (峇株巴辖的龙华山庄休闲森林)
- Gunung Ledang Recreational Forest, Tangkak (东甲的金山休闲森林)
- Gunung Panti Recreational Forest, Kota Tinggi (哥打丁宜的班底山休闲森林)
- Sg Bantang Recreational Forest, Segamat (昔加末的双溪班当休闲森林)
- Kuala Sedili, Kota Tinggi (哥打丁宜的瓜拉素里里)
- Gunung Arong Recreational Forest, Mersing (丰盛港的雅弄山休闲森林)
- Gunung Belumut Recreational Forest, Kluang (居銮的布鲁木山休闲森林)
We are glad to hear that the chance to holiday in a Caravan will soon be available to Malaysians but at the same time we wonder who will visit these parks when it has proven to be so difficult to afford a new Caravan here in Malaysia. You practically have to re-mortgage your house to own one. Perhaps Malaysia is finally opening its market to importing Caravans? I bet just when our travel rig is finally complete, an array of new Caravans will appear available for sale everywhere!!
Nonetheless, providing people places to park a Caravan is really a great start!! We hope that people will start building their own travel rigs and spend more time enjoying camping and nature.
So if you’re thinking about one day getting your own Caravan or Camper Van, Motorhome or Camper Truck, we have put together a summary of what you will find readily available here in Malaysia to date 2017. (Through our experience)
Read our the next article posting date 28th July 2017 – The Types of Campervans Available in Malaysia